Saturday, January 11, 2014

School stuff

Michael is on a puzzle kick. I notice he is very much like Sean. He is a tornado of curiosity. It is messy, but he is just soaking everything up. I am starting to pull some of the fine motor activities out that I had set aside from Sean's preschool days. Chris was never interested, but so far they are a hit with Mikey.

Lately (and suddenly), Christopher has been begging to "do school" with Sean. I have some printables in page protectors in a binder for him and he is tearing through the tracing and cutting Kumon workbooks. 

Sean just finished week 16 of Memoria Press' second grade program. He reads like I did at his age and I am finding it a bit tricky to find books that fit both his reading level (late elementary) and his maturity level (7 year old boy). He has wrapped up the 2nd grade math in Dreambox and is excited to be moving on to multiplying and dividing. Watching this boy puzzle through his math is a lot of fun. I love hearing him problem solve. 

James is completely outsourced now. He is doing really well in his classes and it is a relief to me to take a step back at this point. Not sure where we are headed next year, but right now this is working well.  

I have been bad at keeping up posts and have been missing a lot on here, but such is this stage of toddlerhood. I am afraid to turn around and see the damage that has been done while I typed this...



No comments: