Monday, August 18, 2008

Unplugged project - trees

We were reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom when I came up with the idea for this weeks Unplugged Project.













We made a coconut tree with climbing letters out of a paper towel roll and some construction paper.
James cut out the leaves while Sean painted the trunk.









Sean cut fringe on the leaves.









When the paint dried, I taped the leaves to the top and Sean put letter stickers all over it.









8 comments:

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

That's a great Chicka Chicka tree! I will have to make one with the kids the next time that book rises to the top of our pile. :)

Gottfredsen said...

Thanks for the idea. I have been planning on making one with my youngest, two things stopping me though. One I had no idea on how to start and two he has a cast (makes it hard to do things) But the cast comes off this week and now I have an idea so thanks.

So Smrt said...

Yay! E has been going around all week saying, "At the top of the coconut tree." I'll have to do one of these with her.
Meg

Anonymous said...

What a cute project! Great idea! We love reading books and read several other tree books this week, but I didn't think of that one.

Christie said...

So cute and fun!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea! My girls LOVE that book. We will have to try this.

This Girl loves to Talk said...

what a great palm tree.. you guys did well... I have never heard of this book... maybe it isnt in australia but it looks fun

Michie said...

I thought about doing a Chicka Chicka project this week too, but didn't get a chance to. Your tree is cute!