Monday, August 25, 2008

Tweezing and shapes

We have been very busy lately and Sean hadn't done any "tivities" for awhile. When we finally had a quiet moment, I noticed a big leap in his fine motor skills. His pouring has become much neater. He did have one spill the other day, but I think we are ready to switch to something smaller than beans in the pitchers. A funny thing happened while he was pouring too. I count all of the time with Sean and he never counts with me. He is not one to perform on demand. I was going in and out of the bedrooms, putting away laundry while he was working the other day and he had spilled some beans. I walked back into the living room to hear him count 11 beans as he placed them back in the pitcher. I guess he can count after all.

He has also started using tweezers to put the marbles on his suction cup frog. He has a hard time with it and starts using his fingers again quickly, but he gets the first couple moved before he gets too frustrated.









I ordered some PDF files from Montessori for Everyone and printed and laminated a shape sort. He has been pointing out triangles everywhere we go, but he insists that circles are ovals, so I knew he would have fun with these cards.

1 comment:

montessori_lori said...

Love the pictures! Too cute! Thanks for the mention & the link :)

Lori