We did work on math during the summer a bit so we are off the schedule for math, but we are adding in a bit of Singapore Math as well and I am comfortable doing my own thing there.
I've also rearranged some of the read-alouds, mostly to line up with the science program we are adding in (which I have also rearranged, are you sensing a pattern here?).
The rest of the program we are using mostly as written and it seems to be just the right amount of work. Storytime Treasures is an especially big hit.
We are introducing the art, music and poetry during Tuesday Tea. I am going to make a concerted effort to have some sort of cookie or other dessert to go with a cup of tea on Tuesday afternoons. (Like how I make it sound like a chore to have dessert?)
I pulled out our Montessori movable alphabet to work on spelling words mid week. I will have to keep Christopher occupied anytime these come out. He could make a real mess with the letters!
As for recreation...
They tend to get pretty creative...and tired.
They do get dressed in the morning, I just can't make any guarantees beyond that.




No comments:
Post a Comment