Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

I haven't taken many pictures lately. So this will be a link filled, instead of a photo filled post.

Today began Lent. We went to Mass this morning to receive ashes. Today is a day of fasting and abstinence, although there is no fasting for me while I'm pregnant. We had our pancakes and King Cake on Shrove Tuesday and that will be the last dessert made in my kitchen until Easter, with the exception of a baptism cake next month.

We have up our Lenten calendar, and I set up the sacrifice jar of beans, only realizing at the last minute that I don't have any dried beans. So it is actually a jar of dried pasta this year. On Fridays we will do the Stations of the Cross. We have the book The Story of the Cross and this year I also ordered prints from CHC, though I haven't decided yet how exactly I will display them. I'd like to get the boys to the church for the Stations at least once, although Christopher isn't exactly cooperative while we are there. We will see what happens.

Next to our sacrifice jar is our rice bowl. I will have to watch Sean for raids on James' coin jar though.

We started a family rosary last night, which is something I have been wanting to do for awhile now. Chris ran around and did his own thing, but Sean and James really enjoyed it.

We buried the Alleluia, which was something I didn't get around to last year.

We're using the booklet Welcome Risen Jesus throughout Lent. I ordered Celebrating Lent, but due to a mix up at B&N, it won't be here until tomorrow.

And I think that's it. Until the snow finishes melting into a mud puddle in my yard, I don't think the chances of any fabulous picture filled posts will be put up. I'm going to try to limit the amount of time I waste spend online too.

1 comment:

Holly@ThreeSidedWheel said...

Pasta works just as well as dried beans! Hope you all have a wonderful and prayerful Lent! Thanks for the mention!