Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fireworks!

With no pictures of actual fireworks.

I thought Sean was going to lose his mind he was so excited. Christopher was a little less thrilled. They were close, closer than I've ever been to fireworks being shot off, so of course they were unbelievably loud. I climbed in the van with him and realized that we could still see the whole thing out the back window. Once it was muffled, he loved it. I took him out halfway through, thinking that he was over the initial shock, but he instantly freaked out again. James climbed back in the car with him and they watched the rest together.

We got to the park a bit early and the kids hung out at the playground and by the lake. Chris wanted to go for a swim in the worst way!






















































We did the typical 4th of July stuff, gorged on fried dough, listened to the band...

The fire trucks were the best part in Chris's opinion. They would turn on the lights for the kids and he was like a moth drawn to a flame. He would let out this crazy giggle and run back to the trucks the moment they lit up.




































Today we had planned to head up to the lake, but it is cool and cloudy with thunderstorms predicted for the afternoon. Tomorrow is the actual 4th and Jim's and my wedding anniversary. We're going to try to make a parade and hit our favorite restaurant for dinner.

No comments: