And they measure carefully?
And use rotary cutters, or a nice set of shears?
Yeaaaaah, I don't. At least when I am making something for myself. I have three pairs of kids scissors, and one pair of hair cutting scissors. When I sew I grab the larger pair of the kid scissors and I usually measure with my husband's tape measure from the junk drawer.
Oh the shame. I don't even pin unless it is absolutely necessary, mostly because someone has often run off with my pins.
That said, I finally made a valance for the third kitchen window. No pretty ruffles this time. I threw this together at the kitchen table while Sean and Chris sat at the other end eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So brave!
Of course the cut was horribly uneven and I had to make up for it with the seam as I went, but since it is high enough that no one will really be looking closely, and I don't think it is too noticeable.
I held my breath while I hung it up and I was downright shocked when it came out straight along the bottom.
Lucky once again!
Now to replace that dreadful blind. I picked up new blinds for the living room last night. The kitchen is next. I'll have to do a before and after on the living room windows. Hunter green roller blinds anyone? Dreadful!
3 comments:
OMG it hurt to read this. LOL
As I typed it, I thought to myself, Jim's mom and Heaz are going to cringe when they read this post. LOL
No pinning? My; you are brave, aren't you!
As usual, you did a wonderful job; I love your choice of fabric.
I can't wait to get up there to see you guys.
Post a Comment