Monday, May 10, 2010

Well, that was easy

After posting earlier about my math dilemma, I made the decision to jump forward in the Math Mammoth materials to the division of fractions section. Well, something(finally) clicked. Instead of blank looks, I got "Aaah, I get it!"

-Insert big sigh of relief here-and a little chuckle at myself for being overly dramatic-

We should be able to finish the section by Friday and go back to our regularly scheduled program (Horizons) next week; hopefully finishing up by the end of the school year. I still need to find a good resource for word problems, since I think Horizons is sorely lacking on that front. I'm leaning towards Singapore's Challenging Word Problems, but the levels we need are being reprinted and won't be available for awhile. Maybe I'll just wait until summer.

In the meantime, James is off writing a history summary and I am unwinding (read- hiding in my room) with some Starbucks ice cream. Sean is building something with his Trio set and Chris is happily playing with his hands. Once again, peace and order has triumphed and all is well in the world.

No comments: