Friday, May 21, 2010

Week in Review 5/21

We moved back into the Horizons math book. The light bulb is on with fractions, just in time to move onto decimals. :/Hopefully this will go a little smoother. If we can keep plugging along, we should finish the book by the end of July. I think we could both use a small math break this summer.

James has been reading Augustus Caesar's World. It's a great book, and part of a series we look forward to reading more of. He's also loving David Macaulay's RomeAntics. Next week he'll read City. For some reason that I cannot quite grasp, he is fascinated by architecture. Conveniently we can find plenty of Greek revival architecture right here in our city.

He has been learning European geography painlessly with one of the Geopuzzles.

English is sailing along and this was a review week in Latin. I do feel like I need to add in more Latin practice, so I'll be focusing on that a little more. We plan to keep up our Latin studies throughout the summer, since I dropped the ball a bit this year. I'd like to move into Latin for Children C in the fall and then I'll decide whether we keep going with Latin Alive 1 or move over to Memoria's First Form.

Sean is still tearing through 100EL and he's been picking up an occasional BOB book. He finished another Kumon book this week.

Next week we are taking the show on the road and staying at Mom and Dad's for the week while they are on vacation. I'm hopeful that we'll get in a full week but I plan on spending as much time out of doors as possible. Maybe I'll even get a picture or two up. ;-)

3 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

Thanks for the book suggestions. We've just finished Ancients but I'm looking for some interesting titles to have conveniently at hand during our summer break.

MissMOE said...

Sounds like a faboulous week! We will be continueing on with math through out the summer also.

Monica said...

Great week! I think my son will be enthralled with architecture, as well. It is interesting!