Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yogurt

We eat a lot of yogurt. I have been craving dairy products lately and I find myself eating little cups of yogurt from the grocery store and reading the ingredient label thinking, "Wow, why do they find they need to put all that crap in there? I though it was just cultured milk." So, when I came across this post I got more than a little excited. Turns out, it's really as easy to make as it sounds.

Sean and I each had a bowl for breakfast. I ran some frozen mixed berries through the food processor and stirred a little in each bowl with a bit of honey. Yum. It has a really nice tang. I was surprised that Sean devoured it because it wasn't as sweet as the Yobaby I usually buy for him. The best part is, I was able to use fresh milk from a nearby farm and I can pronounce every ingredient in the yogurt, um, milk, fruit, honey... Unlike the Yoplait I ate last week that seemed to be mostly comprised of corn syrup and chemicals. Blech.

And so, the war on processed foods continues...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's really cool. I don't have a crockpot. They are not that common here. But I stopped buying flavored yogurt a while ago for the same reasons. I get plain, and usually stir some cane sugar or honey in it to sweeten it- along with some cinnamon (I love cinnamon!) or I stir in some of the jam that Edwin makes. Both are yummy!