This year, Sean and Chris are getting mostly joint presents, which makes sense because they play together all day. I am happy that Sean's favorite things(aside from video games, ahem) still are the toys I buy from Nova. The boys love to play dress up. No, they are not necessarily engaged in the fairy tale, Waldorf type play that I envision when I buy these things, they are usually barricading themselves from the zombie invasion, but they have a lot of fun together nonetheless. The simple thing that gets the most use in their play is their basket of silks. From pirates, to ninjas, to Superman, they are so versatile.
In other news, we are settling into a routine. I am barely keeping my head above water, but somehow we get through each day with children that are fed, (relatively) clean, and educated. James started another VLACS class for math. So far, so good. I have my fingers crossed.
This little person:
(Isn't he adorable?!)
has somehow managed to *double* the amount of laundry that needs washing. But it is getting done. So what if the Halloween decorations are still up and collecting a layer of dust?
I did manage to shower two days in a row and wash my kitchen floor, so I am feeling quite accomplished at the moment. Maybe today will be the day that I tackle the shelf in the living room so I can take a picture of our thankful leaves and post them without embarrassment.
Our lovely New England weather is confused at the moment. We have had snow.
But it is supposed to warm up over the weekend. I am going to take advantage of the warmer weather to take some pictures of the boys outside and see if I can manage something presentable enough to go in Christmas cards.
With that in mind, we took them out last night for haircuts. Christopher was wonderfully 2 and sat in my lap sobbing and drooling the entire time. He did sit still at least and didn't kick the hairdresser, so I suppose that will do. I had to threaten, beg, and finally bribe James to take a turn in the chair. All in all, it was not the most pleasant experience and after Jim overheard the hairdresser telling me I had given James a good cut, he told me he would buy me a new set of clippers so I can resume the family's hair cuts. I told him I would cut if he would clean up the resulting mess. It's a deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment