Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week in review 10/14

James is learning about resources in science this week. We reached nuclear energy and everything spiraled into silliness.
F is for "fire," that burns down the whole town,
U is for "uranium", bombs!
N is for no survivors,

Ahem, sometimes it's hard to bring everyone back to focus.
He pulled off a perfect score on his ratios and proportions test and now we have sunk into the miserable depths of percentages. We will push through the chapter and if he is still floundering by the end, we will continue on in BCM while supplementing with Math Mammoth's Blue book on percent.


Sean is learning ai words. We have really hit a groove in reading. Although he is still mixing up his lower case d and b. I keep hoping that it will click as he writes more.

Math Mammoth is working well for him. I'm prepared to slow down if I see him hit a point of frustration, but it seems to be a good fit so far.

Christopher's sleep schedule has been slightly out of whack. He is giving me a tough time about going to bed and then sleeps fitfully throughout the night. While sleeping until 7am has been nice, I am waking up exhausted after being kicked and rolled over all night. I was kinda hoping we were past this. On the upside, he is starting to talk a little more. He shocked my neighbor the other day by shouting, "Fruck!" as a truck drove by. Milk is "Guk." Now he asks for "Guk!guk!guk!" all day long while he signs 'milk' with his hands.

The temps are starting to cool off and I am happy that fall is finally here. The boys come in happily at the end of the day for a warm bath, cider tea, and a movie before bed. Bliss.


1 comment:

Daisy said...

Oh man, my daughter used to do the same thing with truck and fork. I got some of the nastiest looks from people. I went around saying loudly, "Ooooh, you mean a FORK, dear."

LOL. Looks like you are having lots of F.U.N. learning. Hee hee.