Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene

The storm up here has been nothing more than a windy, rainy, fall-ish day. We've had a little leaking in the porches and basement, but the most exciting part of the day has been the baby mouse that scuttled out from under the stove this morning.

So what to do on a rainy Sunday:

Well, there are always cereal boxes to fight over...














































and booties to finish knitting. (never mind that they look like they golw in the dark, that is all the yarn I had on hand!)



















Yep, knit. Me. Knit. I accomplished my goal of actually knitting something this summer. Let's ignore the fact that it is the very end of summer. Now I am impatiently waiting for my yarn to arrive so I can make something a little less...polyester. My friend sent me a box of knitting goodies to get me started and typed up a great beginner's guide. :-) Combined with a little nudge from another friend who is a new knitter whipping out some beautiful projects, I finally found the motivation to jump in.




This morning, I took a chance on the power and baked some sweet bread. We're having kale soup for dinner and they don't sell this bread in the grocery store like they did back home. It has been a guilty pleasure for years now and some meals just aren't complete without it.



















And I finally managed to carve out some time to work on the Bible study that has been staring me down the past couple of weeks.



















Chris down for a nap, all three of my bigger guys watching a movie, latte in hand...I need some more rainy days I think

No comments: