Friday, June 24, 2011

Kitchen curtains

I haven't sewn a thing since Christopher has been born (at least, I don't remember sewing anything).

My kitchen has a busy wallpaper that is green and a shade of rose so close to cherry red that it might as well just be, well, cherry red. Finding curtains aside from plain white (the color of all of my cabinets) has been challenging and I decided the only way to solve my dilemma was to make my own.

I found an adorable strawberry covered sheet at Garden Laundry on Etsy and though it wasn't a perfect match, I knew it would make me happy. I will warn you that it you click on the link, you may very well decide to buy a bunch of vintage sheets "just because".

So with a little (cough, cough) help from Chris, I managed to once again wing a sewing project and pull off a couple of curtains. You would almost think I knew what I was doing.




5 comments:

Heaz said...

They look great! Way to upcycle! And I"m so impressed you managed to do that with Chris underfoot. I measured for new curtains three weeks ago and the fabric is still sitting here staring at me. Hm, maybe if I spent less time online... (LOL)

Robyn said...

Thanks! I still have four more windows to cover and they are large. I might end up buying panels, my house is a wreck today. The curtains are the *only* thing I have pulled off. ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!
And they are really curtains!
Usually when I make things they are basically *sheets of fabric* cut to size (mostly accurate) and hemmed so they don't unravel.
The ruffly bottom is sooooo sweet.
I wish I enjoyed sewing as much as I do knitting...then maybe we'd have some curtains around here. Seriously. Not one window in our house has a curtain right now. :D (Which might seem undoable but all the bedrooms have windows way up high so there is no privacy issue...)

Robyn said...

We lucked out and have blinds in most of the windows. They look very bare though.

The two front windows in the living room are green roll-up shades and they are sooo ugly! I really need to do something about that soon.

Oh, and the ruffles...they were already on the sheet. ;) I know how to make ruffles in theory, but I've never actually done it.

FrontierDreams said...

Oh how fuuny! I had to show my husband the same fabric *cough* sheets *cough* I used for my daughters' dresses being used as curtains. It really works for everything, don't you think?!

Thanks for stopping by! Nice to see a religious centered family, too <3 <3