Hopefully I can find my camera cord soon. I believe it is in the basement in a box. Hubby packed up the desk and he is a little less OCD about labeling boxes than I am.
I guess it is not such a bad thing that I cannot post pictures for this Easter craft since it rated a huge fail. ;)
What I had in mind were these very cool eggs made of yarn. I decided to brave the mess with Sean. I left out the water in the glue, thinking that they would dry faster (oh, I should know better). I guess the yarn didn't soak up enough glue, despite the copious amounts we used. This resulted in an uninterested toddler, a frustrated 10 year old, and a mom up to elbows in glue, finishing both of them. The next day the boys' interest was renewed when we popped the balloon inside, but because the glue didn't soak into the yarn very well, they didn't really hold their shape. So, I let Sean run around the house with his "egg", then hung up the resulting mess. James thought the whole thing was hilarious, and Sean was somehow still impressed with his creation(that I really had made for him anyways). As long as they're having fun...right?
IF, I ever do this again, I think I will follow the directions here and use liquid starch instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment