Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bathroom woes

James was three when we potty trained. It was easy (as everything has been with James) and there was no drama surrounding the event.
Sean, as always, has been a different story. Not that potty training itself was bad, I was pleasantly surprised on that front. It is the aftermath. He has been using his stool to gain access to the bathroom sink and wash his hands for quite some time now. Suddenly, however, that has taken on new meaning for him. He wants to wash his hands repeatedly all day, and play in the sink, and flush the toilet, over and over. The gallons of water we are wasting makes me cringe. Twice now, I have caught him filling his watering can in the bathroom. Luckily I have managed to divert his attention by having him dump the water into the bath tub. What frightens me, is that he likes to pretend to water things around the house and encourage them to grow. Things like my couch, and even worse, library books. One of these days, is he going to make it out of the bathroom with the watering can full? This child certainly keeps me on my toes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not having to buy/change diapers is a huge change.

Also, I like your "path"; it's so much nicer than the snowy one!

Robyn said...

I'm so glad that winter is ending!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my boys. If there is water, it's all over the place.

This is unrelated to this post, but I couldn't find an email address for you. Way back when, I bookmarked one of your crafts and did that craft with my kids today. I thought you might like to read about our (let's just say) less than ideal experience. ;-) I linked our blog entry with my name.

Heaz said...

Oh man...BTDT! The "watering" fascination only seemed to last a week, but that was a week of plenty of wet furniture. I feel for you, momma!