Monday, July 28, 2008

Unplug your kids- flat *updated with photos*

I cannot post pictures yet because my camera is missing. I think it was left at my in-laws. I'll update this post as soon as I can.



This weeks unplugged project was flat. For me, the first thing that comes to mind is always food. ;)
We read If You Give a Pig a Pancake





















and then cooked some nice, flat pancakes for breakfast.









Then we rolled some dough flat and baked some sugar cookies.


















I always try to throw in a book so we read Mr. Cookie Baker. He was making sugar cookies too.












Finally, we read Counting Wildflowers











and we picked wildflowers from the empty lot up the street and used the flower press to make them flat.









We glued the flowers to a piece of paper. The original plan was to make a counting chart for Sean but there wasn't enough room and it ended up as a random design.

6 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

Oh food is always a great way to go. Nice choice of books, they look wonderful. A flower press is a great idea for something flat. It can preserve the wonderful flowers that he picks for mommy. good job.

So Smrt said...

Yay! I thought of pancakes too, but did something else.
And AFTER I did my something else, I found a $2 flower press at a garage sale! ;)

Anonymous said...

The first book looks so cute :) We thought of flowers using them as stamps :)

Peterson Party said...

We did food this week too! But what a great idea about pressing the flowers! I love it!

Evenspor said...

We did pancakes, but I didn't think of reading the pig book. That is one of our favorites too. We'll have to pull it out this week.

Michie said...

Sounds like you did some fun projects! Hope you find your camera!